FEP Encapsulated O-Ring
FEP Encapsulated O-Rings consist of an resilient elastomer O-Ring in a seamless encapsulation of FEP, combining the chemical resistance of Teflon® and excellent sealing capability of the elastomer into outstanding seals. This unique combination forms a highly effective, long lasting seal for the most demanding applications. The standard range of TankTec® FEP Encapsulated O-Rings are produced with a silicone rubber core. Genuine Viton™ is available as an alternative elastomer as well as PFA being available as an alternative encapsulation material for specific applications.
For applications where lower compressive forces may limit sealing ability of standard FEP Encapsulated O-Rings, we offer hollow-core O-Rings. The combination of a hollow-core insert with a slightly lower hardness offers a more flexible, easier to squeeze O-Ring requiring less energy to activate its sealing capability.
Truly Universal Due to:
- Outstanding chemical resistance
- Wide temperature range: -60°C up to +205°C (-75°F up to +400°F)
- Low compression set provides excellent sealing capability
- Solid & hollow silicone cores and availability of Viton™ core
- Non-stick surface for easy clean-up
- High impact strength
- Complies with FDA regulations
- Eliminates contamination of fluids by elastomers
- Wide, stocked standard range for tank containers
- All other sizes available.
All performance information is for guidance only and dependent on application and operating conditions.